Sunday, November 13, 2011

Surviving in China...husbandless!

Mark is in the USA, and I am in China. He had to go back for immigration travel document issues. He was supposed to leave on the 10th of November, but we pushed his flight up so he could see a doctor while there. His ankles and feet were still pretty swollen and now he has a horrible rash all over his body! We stopped his meds (antibiotics and diuretic) because obviously he is allergic to something! So, he left on the 4th to head home and I have been solo in China for over a week. It's been a bit lonely at times, but not too bad. I have a lot to keep me occupied between school work and activities with the other expat ladies.
It also made me realize, I have become quite acclimated to living here in China. I can fend for myself (with a little help from Mr. Shen), and I have plenty of things to keep me busy without feeling alone. There is always something I can find to do, even if it's just going for a walk to get a coffee, shopping, whatever. It's a good feeling that I can be in a foreign country and not feel isolated.
I even went and played poker on Tuesday and Thursday. I usually just play on Thursday, but decided to play on Tuesday too. I didn't win, but I had a great time. It's nice to spend time with my poker friends because they are always fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment