Monday, October 17, 2011

Gettin' my groove back...it's been a busy week!

Well, it’s been a full week back in China. It has been a busy one and pretty exhausting too. On Saturday, we headed out with 7 other couples to dinner at Piccola Italia.






Divided table: men at one end; women at the other.





Group table shot





It was a great dinner. Then after dinner we headed over to Harry’s Bar that has a really good band for entertainment. There wasn’t enough room for a large group inside, so we sat outside. It was a beautiful night for it.




Jim goofing with Marcy's new shoes!





We enjoyed a couple of cocktails and then called it an evening.
Val and her husband (Phil) decided they were ending their evening too. So we all headed toward the street to catch a cab back to the apartment complex.



Mark and Phil (Mark really isn't avoiding Phil...Phil is just blocking the light that was blocking my camera shot!)


It was a lot of fun. We hope to do it again soon. One funny thing...on the walk to our apartments in the complex we discovered some new signs that have been posted:








It says: "Take trecautions atainst durglais" ("CHINGLISH" TRANSLATION: Take precautions against burglars.....HILARIOUS! We see a lot of this and I really need to take more pictures of them...so much gets "lost in translation!" Oh...and take a look at the "no horn" sign...yeah...like that will EVER happen. I think the horn is attached to the gas pedal on Chinese driven vehicles!

***I must apologize in advance for the lack of postings that will be posted until I figure out the reason I am having so many technical issues with photos and general posting/ publishing issues. It has taken WAY TOO LONG do get this one done. Ridiculously too long {over an hour! :( }
So bear with me as I try to figure this out or find another site to blog on. We will see what the future holds. All I know is...I can't take over an hour to post one little post! *** Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment