Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting into the swing of things...






Hello Friends!
Yes, it's taken some getting used to...but I do believe I am getting back into the swing of being a "Tai-Tai" (housewife). I even remembered to pick up milk and bananas for Mark's daily breakfast while coming back from getting my nails done! Poor guy...sometimes this housewife "forgets" the simpliest of things to do on a daily basis. I am really trying to better at the housewife thing this go around in China.
I did take a couple of photos while in the local shop that is located right downstairs in our apartment complex.
These are some kind of "Nabisco" (China -style) Oreos... notice the lovely colors? I have NO clue what the flavors are...I can only imagine they are something I would NOT eat! The photo above is a shop of one or the aisles...PACKED with all kinds of food from all over the world. Many imported items at "imported" prices. I was lucky...usually this place is pretty crowded. Imagine these type of aisles with a few people in them. Oh so fun!
I remembered to take shopping bags in my purse so no paying for bags! Yes, I am getting back in the habit of running through a checklist in my head of things I may need while out and about in this wonderful city. The list is long and the purse I carry here is HUGE!
I really must figure out why my photos are not getting placed where I want them on these blog posts. It is very frustrating.
So...I must go and work on my last paper for this class I am in. Two more classes (16 weeks) and my practicum (another 16 weeks) and I will be finished! Hopefully, graduated with my Masters degree. Till next time......

1 comment: