Saturday, November 17, 2012

Going Ons...

Hello All!

    It's been a while, but really....nothing really exciting to blog about from here. I have been keeping busy with daily activities such as going to the gym, reading, housekeeping (light), and activities with the other expat ladies. I am thinking about taking some more classes on line. I am seriously considering taking some ESL( English as a second language) instructor  courses. This may be very helpful in a job search. I am getting extremely ansy and find myself wanting to work and be a bit more productive while here. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely loved my free time and taking a break from working and school. It's been a nice break. I can honestly say, it's a break...not a lifestyle for me. I enjoy living here , being with Mark on a daily basis, but the tai tai/ housewife thing full time is NOT for me. I just need to find something I enjoy that occupies some time.
     Mark has been extremely busy at work which means working late and coming home and working more! The conference calls and Webex meetings never end! I have said it before, my husband works WAY TOO HARD! I am looking forward to the Christmas holiday in England and him getting away from work, seeing his family;  and enjoying  some much needed downtime.  I have been very busy with the EAS activities and gearing up for the Charity Bazaar (Dec. 1st.) and the Christmas party( Dec. 8th.). I also have a Poker Club party on December 12th. So, lots of activities and things to prepare for to celebrate the holidays before people jet out of here to go home or on holiday. There is also a big Open House one of the ladies holds at her home that is scheduled for December 3rd. It's a huge get together/pot luck with lots of food, wine and camaraderie! It is a really fun party and I am looking forward to it.  
     Here are some pics from last year's party at T's house. A lot of ladies...and a whole lot of fun that afternoon for sure!



       So, that is pretty much what has been happening on my side of the world. The weather is quickly changing and it is starting to get cold. I did take my winter coat to the tailor and got it altered so now...it FITS! Yeah! So, now I am prepared for the cold damp winter here. Although it is short, it does get cold here and now I am ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment