Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday, May17,2011-Getting ready....

Yes, it is that time that I start the planning/packing for my trip home to the good ole' USA! I do believe I have one full suitcase of souvenirs, trinkets, and gifts for folks back home. I am sure I will be "yanked" at customs to make sure I am not bringing back any "illegal" items (i.e., replicated handbags, watches, electronics, designer items...etc...) Search away...I have more Chinese made trinkets, tourist items, and memorabilia than I care to think about!
I head home June 4th, and as much as I am looking forward to it, I feel a bit of sadness too. I will miss my wonderful husband a whole LOT, and the new friends that I have made while here in China. I probably am really going to miss the Tai-Tai outings and just the general "sisterhood" I have found in these great ladies. It's only going to be 4 months that I am away, but it's also changing a lifestyle that I have become accustomed to living. I like living with my husband, I like spending days exploring this beautiful city of Suzhou, I like spending Tuesday afternoons playing mahjong, I like having lunches with my new friends, I like playing poker at Ollies, and mostly, I like that I am not committed to a job and can focus my attention on school. Heading back home and working this summer is not going to be easy. While I do miss my co-workers, and my job, it has been so very nice to be able to concentrate on my studies. Oh well, I've done it before and I can do it again. The plus side is, I do not have to commit to working any more than I want to. That is a definite plus to going contingent. I do know I want to work...to keep my skills up, earn some money, and see people at work who I haven't seen since leaving.At least I will be working on my terms.
School work calls before I head out this afternoon for mahjong...till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment