Friday, May 20, 2011

Wednesday, May 18, 2011-Shopping and Lunch!

Today did not start out so great. My computer is running WAY TOO SLOW. It has something to do with my proccessor...it runs at full capacity (and it shouldn't...according to Mark). I had to do some homework, so slow or not I have to use it. Oh, and when I say slow...I mean really slow...like taking 10-15 minutes to load a web page! Mark said he'll send Mr. Shen back to pick it up around 11:00am to take back to work so the IT guy at work can take a look at it. So, I do research...waiting...waiting...it takes quite some time but I somehow manage to get a few things done.
Val and I decided at mahjong yesterday that we are meeting at 11:00am to go over to see a vendor that comes monthly selling his wares of Chinese goods (handbags, jewelry boxes, scarfs, etc...) So, as I head downstairs...Mr .Shen is arriving to pick up the computer. We head back up to the apartment and I give him the computer and he asks where am I going? I tell him that Val and I are headed over to Bialing Mansions (another apartment complex where we play mahjong) he says he'll take us before heading back. Score...we don't have to walk in this humid, hot, sticky weather (it's already 87 degrees out). So, we get dropped off and go to see what the offerings are from "David the Silk Man"
There are a few other ladies from the EAS there. There is a lunch at Heidi's at 12:00 and we plan on heading to that after shopping. So, when we were getting ready to start our walk over (it's just about a mile away) one of the ladies offers us a ride because she has her driver with her. Woo-Hoo! Another unplanned ride...love it! So. off we go to Heidi's. It's a nice little European cafe that has a great menu with many offerings. It was a really enjoyable lunch. I met a couple of ladies I hadn't met,and it was just a lot of laughter and chatting! Here is a table shot:

Val and I headed back...no ride this time and it was HOT and a bit humid. About halfway way home, we were both sweating pretty good! Let me just say...if this is "Spring" in China...I am sure glad I am NOT staying here for the summer! Unfortunately...Val is! :( From what everyone says...summertime is pretty miserable here...VERY hot and VERY humid....No thank you, I'll spend my summer in Michigan! We said our goodbyes and parted ways. I am just hoping my computer is working when Mark gets home with it...I need to do some school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment