Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I'm bacccckkkk....Tuesday, September 4th.

Hello Family and Friends...

          I am back in China. I had a "nice" (insert sarcasm here) surprise at the airport. Apparently, the baggage policy has changed. I had three pieces of luggage but was only allowed two. Really? I am going to the other side of the world and I just get two pieces of luggage? Being a Gold frequent flyer member does NOT appear to be doing me any good either! There is a $200.00 charge for the third bag! SERIOUSLY??? The very nice ticket agent (he really was VERY nice) tells me to take the smaller bag as a carry on. I tell him I already have my carry on so he says..."that can be your personal item" Okay...I am carrying a purse as my personal item. He then informs me to look around, "do you see how many people don't follow the rules?" Okay...so Michele (a.k.a the "rule breaker") decides to carry the smaller bag on to the plane. I do a quick check to see if there are any liquids in the bag. I find one hair spray and that appears to be all. I put that into one of the bags getting checked...Off I go to security.
        I am amazed there are virtually NO lies or waiting anywhere. The airport is not busy AT ALL. So through security I go..and then I hear the dreaded yell "BAG CHECK" Great, not what I want or need to hear at this point. So...the bad that was SUPPOSED to be check is pulled and gone through. I missed one of the hair spray bottles (no biggie) and the toner /developer for my hair when I go to the salon! OH NO! Not that! Yep...24oz bottle....GONE! I am then offered that I could check it....hmmmm...lets see pay $200.00 to get my $3.89 toner/developer to China? I think not! I will contact the lovely lady who does my hair and I am sure she will drop it off at my house. Mark can bring it back with him at the end of the month when he heads back to the States for a meeting. Problem averted...for now.
      The flight was uneventful, comfortable even! No one sitting in the middle seat. We landed early and my wonderful husband was waiting for me. Mr. Shen (the driver) was there too. It was good to see him as well. Now, for the 2 hour car ride to Suzhou to the apartment. I sleep on and off during the car ride because trying to sleep on the plane was not successful because the man behind me couldn't stop kicking my seat! ANNOYING! We stopped off at Heidi's (a local restaurant) for some soup and to split an entree. It hits the spot and then off to the apartment. I unpack two of the three suitcases. It is now after 10PM and it is bedtime! Off to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow!
       I awoke this am at 4:00am! Hello jet lag! I attempted to stay in bed and try to sleep, but to no avail. I am out of bed, I finished unpacking (what I could) I can't wake Mark to put things away in the bedroom and master bath. I will wait till he gets up to finish putting those things away.  Now it's time to hit the shower and start this <sigh> rainy day! Till next time...Ciao!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment