Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I am here!

Yes...we have made it to China and I survived my first day! I had a bit of a stress when my blowdryer plug didn't want to fit into the outlet...so I didn't get to dry my hair and my fuzzball, curly hair went out anyway. I mean seriously, I am going to stress about my hair? There are bigger problems in this world so Michele put on her "big girl panties" and dealt with it!(Come to find out...it did work...I just couldn't figure it out, but of course the wonderful husband could.)
 I went to the EAS  (Expatriate Association of Suzhou) newcomers coffee on Tuesday morning. I met a few ladies who live close by, and we made plans to have lunch on Thursday at a new pizzeria that opened not too far away. So, I am off to being my social self! :)
 On a total downer...someone hacked my Facebook account, so I am trying to get that all straightened out. It totally stinks...because that was my sure way of keeping up with all my family and friends on daily basis. So, I wait to hear from Facebook security on what else I need to do.
 Mark went right back to work on Tuesday, but he did manage to get away to come to the coffee gathering and get me a phone so I don't feel so isolated without communication. What a guy I married! I sure was thinking smart when I said "yes" to spending my life with him...cuz what a life he has given me!!! I have been able to Skype my family and talk with my sister, Mom and son. That helps knowing they are just a video call away. So this AM I am going to get the closets in order for clothes and make room in the bathroom for all the products that it takes to make me gorgeous! LOL...it's a lot!
 As soon as I figure out how to post pics...they will be part of the daily musing...I hope. Time to start the day...   

3 comments:

  1. The adventure begins! Can't wait to hear about your life in China. Living in Asia is definitely different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous - what an adventure you are getting to have! I hope everything goes great, and you have a marvelous time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could recreate your identity. :) Hugs.

    ReplyDelete