Friday, January 14, 2011

A "Real" Western Housewife in Suzhou!

 I walked over to the other (one of many) apartment complex to meet up with two ladies to walk over to the luncheon being held for the Expat women in Suzhou. We went to a new a new Italian place called Mamma Mia's. The food was mediocre, but the company was great. I met women from all over the world, Britain, Denmark,Singapore, and other Americans. I also met another poker player! She gave me info about poker games that are played at one of the local bar/restaurants. I was extremely happy about that! :) I do believe her and I will be "poker buddies"!
 While walking over one of the ladies asked if I would like to go and get a foot massage after lunch. Sounded like a great idea to me...so off we went after lunch. It was FABULOUS!! It was very Zen-like...dark with candles and water features, a destination for relaxation that's for sure! Not only do they massage your feet...they do your shoulders, arms, hands, and legs! It was phenomenal. As I sat in the big comfy chair, relaxing while being pampered, I realized how incredibly lucky I am to not only have this once in a lifetime experience of living in China, I was actually starting to see what life in Suzhou is like for a lot of western women who are "trailing" spouses for their husbands job. Maybe I should contact BRAVO tv about doing a spinoff of their housewife series "Real Western Housewives of Suzhou". It would be interesting and I am sure comical at times to say the least!
 We then walked around and C showed me a lot of stores and places to get things and that was incredibly helpful. It was a lovely day, the sun was out and the wind had died down so it was a very pleasant afternoon for walking the city. It ended by my husband calling and we met up with him at Starbucks (they REALLY are everywhere!) to have coffee and a nice chat. It was a very nice day.I do believe I am going to like living here....  

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that things are off to a GREAT start for you. I would LOVE a foot massage...maybe if I come visit!!
    Love ya lots
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pedicures with foot massages. Great! So glad you've found a poker buddy. My mom always told me, "don't spend all your money in one place!". Have fun, Michele, and I'll watch your TV show anytime!

    ReplyDelete