Thursday, February 24, 2011

Monday Moanin' and Mahjong Tuesday

Another Monday, Mark is off to work...and I have a paper due by Thursday I have to get started. This is the last week of my nursing ethics class. I have one more class before I start my specialization courses (teaching). Wow...I have just 7 classes left before I finish.
I just worked on my paper and went for a walk. In the evening, Mark picked me up and we went to Malone's for dinner for the weekly burger. He brought along a work colleague who is here from the U.S., Alabama to be exact. He is quite the character. Good thing that I went along, Mark spent the better part of dinner on the phone for a conference call! I'll tell you, my husband's job is demanding and he works hard! So, Gary and I talked over dinner and he really had some interesting and hilarious stories of his trips to China over the last 7 years. I ran into C and W with their husbands who decided to try out Malone's after I told them about the delicious burger and the Monday night deal when we got together for lunch the prior week. I think word is getting out about the great food and the Monday night "deal". It was really starting to get busy when we were leaving. We headed back home to the apartment and Mark had more conference calls. I worked on the computer and Skyped my sister to wish her a "Happy Birthday". It was a nice visit until the connection got bad. Off to do some reading and then bedtime.
Tuesday I went to get a manicure. I walked over early (my appointment was for 9:00am). I stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and headed over to the office building to go to my appointment. Oh my!!! There are lines for the elevators! divided for floors 2-12 and 13-25. The lines are long and I am shocked! Then I remember...my first appointment with Jennifer was 2 days before Chinese New Year...so a lot of people were off on holiday already, so that is why I did not experience this 3 weeks ago! Well, I get on an elevator (it is packed!)but I squeeze my "queen-sized ass" in, because as my husband says " In China..he who hesitates is lost....or misses the elevator!" So, up to the 5th floor I go (thank goodness I am right in front of the door and the first stop!)Success! I get my manicure and make an appointment for March 15th for a mani-pedi. I am wise and make it for 9:15...the crowds should be much lighter at the office building since most people have to be to work at 9:00am. Let's hope that's enough time for the crowds to disburse to their jobs!! This is a prime example to let you know how many people are actually in this city. It is considered a "small" city of 7 million people!!
Val calls to ask if I want to walk over with her to play mahjong this afternoon. I agree to meet her at the gate of the apartment complex. It's a big group this week. 5 tables of four. I sat at the "newbie" table since I only played once before. I met a few new people and played with a lady from Germany and another from Austria. The leader/moderator also played with us to get us familiar with the game. It was a fun afternoon. I looked at my phone after playing and see that I missed 7 calls from my husband! He tried calling that many times...something must be up..so I return his call only to discover he was calling telling me not to prepare dinner he wants to take Gary to dinner to ...La Casa Vostra! (YEAH!) This is the wonderful and delicious Italian place! YUMMY!!! Double SCORE! I don't have to cook and I get to eat at my favorite place!!
Needless to say, we have an outstanding meal, and I of course have to have my dessert. This is a must since the owner changed the cake of the dessert I didn't like..so I feel obligated to partake! :) I am not disappointed..it is scrumptious! To bed early I have an early start in the AM... I'm meeting val at 8:00am to walk over to meet the group of EAS ladies to go to leathertown. It's about a 20 minute walk..as the bus is picking us up at 8:30 (it takes two hours to get there). So..I bid adieu for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment