Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunday/Monday Jan.30 & 31

Boy oh boy...I am a bit behind on this blogging thing! I can't believe how fast the days go by...and with school work and my busy social calendar...I am slacking. I try to jot down a couple of notes from the day, with a very good intention of writing it the very next day...but alas, it goes "pear-shaped" (as my husband says!).
Sunday did not start out as a typical Sunday. Mark had to work, so actually it did feel like a week day. He finished a bit early,and he made a delicious dinner of pork chops, potatoes, and vegetables. It was quite tasty and just makes me realize what a "GEM" of a husband I do have I am truly blessed. I worked on my paper that was due for school, and turned it in and did a bit of reading for the following week. I am doing well in my class, and I do want to keep that "A."

Monday I had to get to my nail appointment by 9:00am, so I was ready and out the door by 8:45 for my walk over to the nail salon. I got there with a couple of minutes to spare, and the girl there was a bit surprised to see me. I explained that I had an appointment with Jennifer for 9:00 she then called Jennifer (the owner) and after speaking with her, she came over to me and said "you come please", and then handed me the phone! It seems Jennifer made my appointment for Tuesday at 9:00am NOT Monday....even though I know I specifically requested Monday, as I went there in person on Saturday to make said appointment and spoke directly with her. Oh well, no worries...I'll come back tomorrow. So, I went back hometo the apartment after stopping off at the market to pick up some milk. It is really convenient to have a market right in your apartment complex, in the same building! :) No cooking for me tonite, because as I've stated before, we have settled into a bit of a routine and tonite is dinner at Malone's. It is a chain burger place (I am told there are some in the USA in the south) that have awesome burgers and they run a special on Mondays. You get ANY burger on the menu plus a pint of Tiger beer for 50 RMB (that's about 7.60 in US dollars). Mr Shen the driver loves this place! First of all, he loves the double patty hamburger (it's huge) and he agrees to let Mark buy him dinner. He usually just waits. I know that sounds strange, but it's the Chinese way. We stopped at Metro (like a Sam's Club) for a roasting pan (no luck...the Chinese don't use or even have ovens in their homes)and a few other things like laundry detergent (they have Tide!!! SCORE!!)To bed early, mark is working and I am off to the nail salon again...hmmmm Groundhog day??

No comments:

Post a Comment