Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Michele and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day! (But a much better evening!)

Okay....WARNING...MAJOR WHINING TO FOLLOW............................
So, last night the internet goes out...no biggie, hopefully it will be back up in the morning and I can get some school work completed. I get up this AM to find...no internet, still!! Great...so I read a bit, clean (the maid is coming...gotta make her life easy! ;}), and do some laundry.
I check intermittently to see if I have a connection....NOPE, NADA, ZIPPO!! So I call the husband at work around lunch time, let him know I am getting kind of worried, I have school work to do. He says he sent Mr. Shen over to make sure the bill was paid {it was} and it should be working... SHOULDA, WOULDA, COULDA...still not working. I have reset the router and modem, and done everything I know...this is not a good thing. Okay, I figure it's lunch time, maybe I'll head down the street to Casa Zoe (Free WIFI)and I'll take my ebike, it's a nice day! So, I pack up the computer and school folder and down to the garage I go.
Have I mentioned the ridiculously stupid EBike ramps they have at this apartment complex? First of all, the ramp has stairs in the middleof the ramp and the smooth driving pavement are the two small strips on either side of the stairs. Also, there 2 pretty sharp turns up the ramp before you reach the street level. I have walked the bike up it before (Mark was with me and has helped) but I figure I am a grown woman I need to do this so I can go and get school work done. Well, I get up about three quarters of the way, just around the last tight turn and someone is behind me, and I accelerate just a bit too much and the bike ZOOMSa bit too fast and I try to get control of it...here we go , bike and I go down! OUCH! So, the picture you should have now is me laying on the pavement, with my nice pretty blue EBike on top of half of me! At least the computer bag is still securely attached to the back of my seat! Okay, so I am really hurting, and embarrassed because a few Chinese folk (No English speaking)have come to my aid. I get up, and they help get the bike off me. Then, the bike won't go! Turn the throttle...not going. GREAT! :( Now I am really getting upset here. My knee and arm are killing me, the bike doesn't have power...oh and look here comes my maid on her EBike to come clean the apartment. She stops, she also tries to get the bike to go...No luck! So here I am, with 3 people trying to help me, my maid..and this bike not wanting to have any power. Well, Mrs.Song (the maid) and I push it to my apartment building entrance. I call Mark...blubbering, that "this day sucks, it continues to increase in suckiness and I wanna go home...TO THE GOOD OLE' USA! Where people speak my language, the internet works regularly, and I can get in my car and drive to places I need to get to!!!"
He says he'll come home, I say no...I'm just having a really bad day and it was bound to happen. In the meantime, Mr.Shen arrives at the apartment with a very nice gentleman who speaks excellent English and he is going to see about getting my internet to work. After about 10-15 minutes...internet working! YEA!! :)While he is doing that, I tell Mr. Shen about the EBike; so he goes down to look at it. Then Mrs. Song comes speaking Chinese to me...I have no clue what she is saying but she wants me to go with her down to where we parked the EBike (Pantomime works wonders!) So, we head down to where the bike is and here come another Chinese gentleman walking towards us...Mrs. Song then points to the advertisement license plate on the back of the bike at the phone number and s grins and points to her phone...she has called the place from where the bike was bought to tell them to come and make it work...and they showed up! You gotta love China and their customer service! By this time, Mark is arriving also. So, Mr. Shen had already discovered the problem and fixed the bike. (The hand brake was stuck).Mr Shen and the man from the Bike shop have a discussion, Mrs. Song is heading back up to the apartment, and my husband has arrived to save his "Damsel in Distress" By this time, it's almost three o'clock and my husband informs me he has cancelled our Chines language class because he figured I probably wasn't up for it...and he is taking me to dinner to that wonderful Italian place we like so much...what a man I got...he sure knows how to turn this gal's frown upside down!!!
SO, I am back from dinner, had some lovely vino, a fabulous dinner with my husband, and as I post this rubbing my incredibly sore knee and very achy arm, I am still very fortunate...I really am! Tomorrow is another day, and no, I will NOT be attempting to get the EBike out of the garage!

1 comment:

  1. OMG what a awful day, but what a wonderful husband, and alls well that ends well. Soooooooo enjoying reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete