Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some pretty pictures from Europe....

I figured I should post some pictures from my trip...
Standing on the oldest bridge in Venice..A bridge that spans the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy is known as the Rialto Bridge and is the most famous in the city besides the Piazza di San Marco. This single span bridge in Venice was designed by Antonio da Ponte and was completed in 1591, eventually becoming one of the architectural icons in the city of Venice, Italy.
The stunning Rialto Bridge has three walkways, two along the outside railings and a wider central walkway that leads between rows of small shops. From the outer walkways you have a beautiful view of the Grand Canal

That's me on the bridge...
A view from a bridge in Amsterdam...
Amsterdam is a beautiful city too!
having lunch at an outdoor cafe in Amsterdam.
We were fortunate to have beautiful weather the whole week. We ate ALL our meals outside. These are two cities that I would highly recommend people to see if given the opportunity. They are full of history and just absolutely beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful Michele, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Venice. I'm so jealous! :-) I sat on the runway once in Amsterdam, but never got off the plane, lol. Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete